Friday, March 9, 2012

Trout by the numbers

First trout of the year

0                The number of trout I've caught this year before today
0-4             I had four hits yet had not hooked a trout
5:30 am     The time I got up to go trout fishing in Plymouth today
6:50 am     The time I arrived at Little Pond
41               Temperature in degrees when I got to Plymouth
10:15 am    The time I left Little Pond without even a hit


10 minutes  The amount of time it takes to get from Little Pond to Lout Pond
2                  The amount of hits I had while at Lout Pond.
0                  number of fish caught from those two hits
90                Number of minutes at Lout with nothing to show for it

12:00 pm     The time I arrived at Fearings Pond my last hope for a trout today.
9                  The number of fish I caught at Fearings, all rainbows
3                   The number of trout I hooked but jumped and popped the hook ( still a lot of fun!!)
1/8                 ounce, the size of the blue chrome Kastmaster I caught all the trout on.
Largest trout of the day
0                    Number of fish I had caught on that color before today
14                 inches, the length of the largest rainbow today
1:40 pm        Time I had to leave to pick Jeff up to go to saltwater fishing show


I'm nothing if not a persistent S.O.B.  Five hours without a fish. Next hour and a half, Nine. Go figure

2 comments: