Friday, March 16, 2012

Thats why its called " March Fishing"

It has been as painfully obvious to me as it has you that I haven't wrote anything in a week.  Believe it or not with all this nice weather I haven't had much to write about. As was the case for me last year, this week has been about being a day late. I am talking about the weather. While I was working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday the temperature was into the high 60's. I have today and Saturday off this week. So when I got out of work Thursday, that was like a Friday night to normal folks. Thursday's high 41. Today, Friday- high 45. Saturday 55.

While I am at work Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday next week the predicted highs will be 65 ,69, 70 and 70. My days off kind of landed in a cold front sandwiched between almost perfect weather. I'll stop complaining now. You have the same problem also working while you would rather be playing.

Anyway... I have been out almost every day since my last blog post after work. I have exactly one trout to show for my effort ( actually I don't have the trout, I let it go).  Dave has been catching carp most everyday. Unfortunately, they have all been hitting about noon, while I am at work. Even he can't get a hit after 1 pm. I have been carp fishing later in the day at the same spots not even getting a bump.

I've tried for trout also. I've hit Falls Pond and Whitings. Both have been stocked. Also I know quite a few trout were stocked in the fall, and most are still in the ponds. I've hit both ponds for 45 minutes a night ( then go to the other). I caught one trout at Falls. Thats it.

Today, being my day off, I planned on fishing all day. I got to the place Dave has been catching carp. He was already there along with our friend Paul. Paul got a little one before I got there. Paul and I caught nothing for three hours, while Dave managed a couple small ones.

I had planned on driving to Plymouth after that to catch some trout. I changed my mind when I got home to pick up my fly rod. I couldn't justify the gas, getting there so late in the afternoon. I do regret this decision because I went to Whitings and Falls again without luck.... So I write.

Tomorow morning I plan on either carp fishing in the morning or going to Plymouth to fish for trout all day.  I'm not going to try to do both. Hopefully, I will have more positive stories to report.

Next week, the warm weather is supposed to last until at least Thursday. I have Thursday and Friday off. I think I will go camping Wednesday night and Thursday night and trout fish Cape Cod kettle ponds for two and a half days straight

No comments:

Post a Comment