Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Fishing Gods are Smiling on Me Right Now


My 17 pounder from Sunday
I have carp fishing the last three days after work. If you read the below post you saw that I caught 12 carp on Saturday. That is by far the best day I have ever had carp fishing. In the last two days, I have gotten another eight. I am positive, I have never caught 20 carp in three days before.  I caught 5 yesterday and three more today.

Catching any carp today was probably more of a surprise to me than catching 12 on Saturday. Today it was very cold and windy. The wind was blowing out of the north at 25 mph. Today's temperature was almost25 degrees colder than Saturday and at least 10 degrees colder than yesterday. The wind chill must have been in the thirties. Today was the type of day that  experienced carp guys do not fish. It is usually a waste of time. With the water temperature dropping because of the cold air, the carp should have been very tight lipped. yet, I caught three, had a couple more short runs and had multiple bumps. In short, it was pretty good.

I have only caught three good sized ones in the past week though. My 23 pounder from last week, I got a 17-18 pounder yesterday and a 14 pounder Saturday. I am obsessed with catching a twenty five pounder. So I have been fishing every chance I get. I may not have gotten the big one yet, but all the time on the bank is paying off.

I went trout fishing on Friday with Jeff. As I reported I only caught 8 the whole day of fishing. It was one of those weird days when the trout were fussy everywhere we went. I was in bed thinking the other night about the tough trout fishing. I realized I caught eight but only saw seven more caught by everyone else fishing combined. There were a lot of people at Hoxie and a couple at Lout. So I really can't complain.

So I'm saying the fishing gods are on my side right now. I hope it continues and wish I knew what prayers to say to these fishing gods, because I am having the time of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment