Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bad Weather Trout


 Jeff and I wernt trout fishing today. It was rainy most of the day. We hoped the crappy weather would keep the fair weather fishermen away. We also secretely hoped that the rain would stop and we could fish in cloudy conditions.  Both worked for us. No one was at either pond we fished and the weather cleared up and we didn't fish in the rain.

We tried Hoxie, but fish weren't exactly destroying our lures. I didn't get any and Jeff hooked up on two rainbows. We went to another pond. When we got there, the water was glass calm. We saw a few trout rising as we walked from the parking area. I made about three casts and hooked into a brown trout. Then I caught two more in about three more casts. 

Jeff got in on the fun and caught some browns also.  Between us we landed twelve trout. All but one were browns. I caught one brookie also



No comments:

Post a Comment