Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Carp- Check

Got out this morning for an hour and a half carp fishing. I went to a little spot that produces well when the water is still cold. I caught some carp there a week ago with Dave P. Today I went by myself. I didn't have much time so I didn't try to make plans. I got to the spot and casted out my corn on one rod. While I was baiting up my second rod my alarm went off. I put down the second rod and set the hook. I had a carp. It was not big but it hit within two minutes of the bait hitting the water. It was a little common about three pounds.

I released it and casted out the poles. I had another run about five minutes later. I missed it. I thought that it could be a very memorable day. Those were the only two hits I had in  the 90 minutes I was there. It was well worth the effort. 

As you may know, I'm trying to catch a carp every month of the year. After catching one in Janaury and February, it really shouldn't be difficult to get one again until December. Even though carp are pretty difficult to catch and seem to go through fussy streaks, rarely do you go more than an outing or two without getting one when the weather is warm.  Even still I'm glad to get my March carp out of the way early in case I go trout fishing a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment