Saturday, April 2, 2011

Curse you! Oh North Wind! Cold Weather Leads to Inconsistant Fishing


I've fished a lot this week. The fishing has been spotty at best. Because it is so dam cold for this time of year, the fishing has been very inconsistent. I've tried trout fishing and carp fishing a couple times both Friday and today. All I've had to show for it is this 12 pound carp caught this afternoon. I tried to catch a trout in both the morning and this evening. I never got a hit. I tried EVERYTHING in my box.


The problem is other than today ( when the wind was west) we have had cold north wind blowing in from Canada everyday since March 18. Like I needed to tell anyone that lives here that! On top of chilly days we are having some cold ass nights along with our fun snowstorm Thursday night. The lakes and ponds can't warm up to a seasonable temperature. I really can't wait to see a string of 60 degree days.


Sorry about the picture. It is obviously over-exposed. I had the sun at my front, but the water behind me was so bright, the pic came out looking like this. I let the fish go after I snapped the shot, but before I looked at the result. Also with only a 10 second delay on self portrait mode and trying to lift a slimy 12 pound fish, I am realizing I make weird faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment