Sunday, April 17, 2011

They Can't all be Giants



I've been fishing Hopping Hill a lot lately. I know there are some fairly large carp in there. I think there may be a few 20 pounders in the lake. I think if I fish my spots often, I have a chance of catching a few. Unfortunately, I don't think any giants are in there. I seriously doubt there are any 25 pounders in the lake. Most fish average about 15-16 pounds. The biggest I've caught was 17 pounds. I do think I had a 20 on the line, but the hook popped out.




Tonight I went to Roger Williams Park in search of a big one. Roger Williams has a lot of lake in the park. There are some mighty big ones in the lakes. Even if I don't get one, at least I know they are in there.




I did catch a carp, but not the giant I imagined. The one I caught was one of the smallest I have ever caught. It went maybe... 3-4 pounds. Oh well, still had fun.

1 comment:

  1. I hope we catch one that small, the idea of eating a large carp is scary...
    "We can't be silent because They Migh Be Giants"
    pretty little fish though!

    ReplyDelete