Thursday, May 12, 2011

Questions and Comments Welcome



The blog is a little over one year old now. It is finally catching on. In the last 3 months I had as many visitors all the months before it. I don't know how many people would have came to my site if I did not take off the summer from writing. The reason people write in a blog is because they have something to say. Whether it be a fishing/ outdoors site, political, or the challenge of making every recipe in a cookbook, we want it read. If I didn't want what I wrote read, I'd have a diary or a journal ( although I don't know of any 36 year old men with diaries ). The point is, its fun to share thoughts and experiences.




So what I am saying is... now that more people are checking out my blog, if you have any questions or comments do not be afraid to leave them. If you have any questions about fishing, daytrip ideas, campgrounds or birding chances are I have either been there, done that, or researched it. I will gladly take any comments. I am fine with criticism. Let me know what you like and what you don't. If you like any outdoor movies or hate them, let me know. I love the show River Monsters, you might think its the dumbest show on Animal Planet.




If you want me to write about a technique or a place I may have daytriped 5 years ago, let me know. I've done just about every free or close to free thing in Southern New England. I can give plenty of advice on where to hike in New Hampshire. Where the easiest mountains are and the farthest away waterfalls. My friends at Catch-m-All asked me to write about the casting bubble/ fly method to catch trout. Its a good feeling to know your helping out other outdoorsmen. I was glad to write it. I am looking forward to seeing how they cook a carp when they catch it, I wouldn't eat it unless there was money on the table... yuck




Lastly, feel free to let me know what you've done or seen. If you saw a moose or caught a big fish let me know. I want to hear bird reports, fishing reports and hikes. People actually fishing are much more reliable and believable than tackle shops. If you catch 20 stripers one night, don't consider it bragging to tell me. I want to hear about success and even failure. If you catch a fish at a secret spot, just tell me the town or even state. If you want people to know where they are hitting, all the better. You will probably get a shout out from me either way.




The point I am making is interaction is fun. Feedback is a good thing for both of us. The reader and writer can both get someting out of an exchange of information

No comments:

Post a Comment