Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pineapple Vodka Flavored Corn is a Hot Bait Right Now








The carp I have been catching lately have all been caught on Pineapple flavored vodka. I always set up one pole with sweet corn ( until the water warms a little more then I will use field corn). On the other rod I use a flavor. I start with whatever I caught my last fish on. If I don't get any hits on the flavored corn, after about 45 minutes I will switch to another flavor. I use the sweet corn on the other hook as a" control group " I will switch from the sweet corn to a flavor only after I've had two hits or more on my flavored corn.
Lately, the pineapple vodka corn has worked so well, I haven't switched from it, and I end up using it on both rods. Pineapple Vodka is what I caught my carp at the fish in on. The last time I went fishing, I caught 4 carp in a little over two hours. Every hit was on pineapple vodka.






It is extremely easy to make your own. Open a can of corn and pick out the biggest kernels. Put the big kernels in a waterproof container. Get yourself a nip of vodka and dump it into the container. Put the cover on and shake. Its that simple. I have been heating the corn in the microwave until it gets hot then dumping in the vodka, I think this helps the corn absorb the vodka. I'm not sure, but I have been catching fish either way.

I am sure many of you are wondering if I'm drinking the vodka also and chuckling to yourselves. I bought a 750 mL bottle. It smells amazing. I did make ONE drink with it. Its good but as a carp bait- its to damn expensive to waste it on myself!



Hope this helps anyone looking to catch a carp.

No comments:

Post a Comment