Friday, May 6, 2011

First Stripers of the Year are MONSTAHS !!!




I have friends that have been catching stripers for a couple of weeks now. One of my best friends has caught over 100 fish already. I on the other hand, have not been able to pry myself away from trout. The way I see it, the trout fishing will only be good until about May 20 depending on weather the next couple weeks. On the other hand striper fishing should only get better and be good until at least July. Also while guys were out catching one or two schoolies at the end of April, I was catching the same number of trout, if not more with the expense of driving my car 1/2 mile from my house. Do not get me wrong, I would much rather catch stripers than any other fish on the planet. I just want to know I have a great chance of catching some, to give up my carp and trout time



Now that the bay and ocean have warmed up, there are a lot more schoolies around. Catching multiple fish is more common and skunkings much less common. So... I started striper fishing. I know, better late than never. I went down to Providence and caught three stripers in my first 5 casts. I made the mistake of thinking the spot I was fishing was stacked up with fish. After my 3rd fish, I didn't even get another hit. I tried two other places in Providence but no more luck.




I was very happy my striper season started. Clearly the three I caught were not monsters, but they pulled my line none the less.Starting next Tuesday, the tide will be right for the next couple of weeks at my favorite spots to fish in the evenings, I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment