Thursday, November 24, 2011

Stripers on Turkey Day

Before stuffing my face at dinner today, Jeff and I did some fishing down in southern Rhode Island. We left home at 6:00 am. We fished different spots until about noon. We did not have the numbers of fish from earlier in the week, nor did we expect too. After yesterdays storm and east wind followed by a northwest wind today, it was a crapshoot if we would find fish.

We did find a couple of fish. Jeff and I both got a striper and a bluefish. We both had a couple more hits. The blue I caught was about 5-6 pounds. I didn't see Jeff's blue. Both stripers were small. If we didn't have to come home for dinner, I think we could have found some more. Oh well, if this was my last day surf fishing for the year, at least I didn't get skunked.

Happy Thaksgiving everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment