Thursday, November 10, 2011

State Record Carp caught and released by one of my best friends!!!

If you read my posts a lot you see that down in Mass and Rhode Island I only have a couple fishing buddies. I fish with Dave Pickering and Jeff Henderson. I have occasionally gotten together with a few guys from the Rhode Island chapter of the Carp Anglers Group.

I am proud to say that Dave Pickering caught the state record carp today. The fish was over 36 pounds. It would have beaten the old mark by almost four pounds. Why did I say would have? Because true to his conservation minded philosophy he weighed it and let it go. To have a record be official, you need to get it weighed at an official weigh station. There is no way a fish that size would survive a journey like that no matter how big the bucket. So Dave did the only thing that his conscience would allow and let it go.
Amazingly, Dave has caught another fish this year that would have broken the record. Also he has caught fish in Massachusetts that would easily win the state pin for the largest carp caught in the state many times. All were set free.

Take a minute and check out a picture of the fish on his blog. Its pretty amazing.

http://www.ricarpfishing.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment