Sunday, November 27, 2011

Post Thanksgiving Picnic, Hell Ya!!!

I can't believe this weather. This weekend was in the low sixties. Laurie and I thought it would be fun to have a picnic three days before December first. Last picnic we had was late summer at Colt State Park in Bristol,RI. Today we went to Fearings Pond in Myles Standish. I know what your thinking... I just wanted to go trout fishing. Not really, it was beautiful out. I really wanted to enjoy the weather. 

We brought some chicken salad, bulky rolls, chips and pasta salad. We washed it all down with root beer. After we ate we went for a walk and scouted out the campground for nice flat spots. In case we want to camp there in the summer, we found some really good sites.

After our walk I did break out the fishing pole. I only fished for about 20 minutes. Laurie read the newspaper in the sun. No fish were biting so we left and drove around the state park.

On our way home we saw 10 wild turkeys, a good way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment