Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Off to see the world

Saying goodbye at Logan
Airport
After 20 days at home my son is off again. He is not going west to his job in the Grand Canyon. Instead he is going east embarking on a grand tour around the world. First stop- Madrid, Spain.

For the next 4-6 months Dominick Pacelli III is going to travel across Europe and Asia. He is spending  three days in Spain, then heading to Africa to spend a couple days in Morocco. After they leave Morocco they are going back to Europe to spend a couple weeks there before heading to the Far East. They do not have a timetable. Nor do they really have any set plans after leaving Morocco other than going to Croatia and maybe Greece.

My son also convinced his friend Sam to go on this grand adventure. They worked their butts off at the Grand Canyon and saved enough money to take this once(doubtful this will be the only time my adventurer son does this) in a lifetime trip. As a parent, of course I've had a million worst case scenarios run through my head. However, I have faith that he will not put himself in bad situations.

It is no secret that I love to travel and sometimes get insomnia because of my wanderlust. It is safe to say that DJ (and Sam) have taken wanderlust to a totally different level. Honestly, DJ has the biggest balls I know. Some of the things he wants to do and is willing to actually go out and accomplish truthfully blows me away. I could never go to all of these countries where very few natives speak English, he relishes the thought. His lack of fear is truly awe-inspiring.

So DJ, if you are reading this on the plane right now. Have a great time. Be smart to stay safe and take a lot of pictures. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment