Saturday, July 28, 2018

Sometimes it's the Little Things (in this case Leopard Frogs and Marsh Wrens)

Marsh Wren
This morning I went to Great Meadows Wildlife Refuge in Concord. The goal- to see and photograph Marsh Wrens. I had heard them this year at Plum but hadn't seen any. Basically, I was just looking for something to do.

Normally, I write to inspire others to get outside. Not today, unless burning sweat dripping into your eyes is on your bucket list, then ninety degree heat with seventy percent humidity, is not a lot of fun. Still, I got some pretty decent pictures.

There were a lot of leopard frogs in the grass. I haven't seen too many since I was a kid, so it is was nice to see them. There were also a lot of Marsh Wrens calling. One came out of the cattails for a few seconds. Pictures -



Leopard Frog









There were a lot of this species of water lily

I mean, a real lot


Milkweed



Cardinal flower



A turkey and her poult were on the trail

No comments:

Post a Comment