Thursday, November 22, 2012

Things I am thankful for- Outdoor Style!

I obviously have friends and family that I am thankful for. I am lucky enough to have a roof over my head and a decent job. More than anything I am greatful to have a son that I love and am extremely proud of. I have a couple of great best friends, the youngest I just melded crayons with in her Crayola Crayon Maker. Watching Thursday night shows, having buffalo chicken and watching football with Laurie are memories I will always have. I have a brother that I know would do anything for me along with many other friends and relatives that I could say the same for

… But this is an outdoor blog so I came up with a few things I am thankful for. I purposely chose only things in New England or this list could get R-E-A-L-L-Y     L-O-N-G. So here I go…

 

1.       I am thankful for stripers, without them I would be lost

2.       I am thankful for New Hampshire, because it is there I never feel trapped in my little corner, because Canon Mountain and Profile Lake are only three hours away

3.        I am thankful for smallmouth bass, no freshwater fish puts up a more noble fight

4.       I am thankful Laurie lets me fish when we go to New Hampshire, she never complains and enjoys putting her feet in the water

5.       I am thankful I was in Narragansett to witness the best day for False Albacore in Rhode Island history, just pure luck but it was spectacular

6.       I am thankful for moose, bears and bald eagles, they are far more impressive than any human

7.       I am thankful for all the advice and tips DP has given me through the years. There is no hiding he is my mentor. I would not know nearly as much about fishing without his help. He has shared many spots with me and answered countless email questions. On top of all his knowledge, he is a good friend

8.       I am thankful for twenty fish days, but I am also thankful for the days I struggle for one or two so I can appreciate the great days that much more.

9.       I am thankful for all the access to the trout ponds down the Cape. Sure the trout are hatchery raised but some of the places I fish are just beautiful.

10.   I am very very thankful for wintering over stripers. Before I met them I hated winter to the point of depression, now winter is a season I welcome

11.   I am thankful very few people fish for carp because a lot of the places I fish for them are small and would crowd easily

12.   I am equally thankful for Providence and Narragansett
 
13.   I am thankful for having a smallmouth lake only ten minutes from my house ( and never knew it until this year)

14.   I am thankful for mountain top views and waterfalls, both awe me.

15.   I am thankful for the Shimano Baitrunner 3500, Shimano Spheros 4000 and Shimano Sedona, all great reels at a reasonable price

16.   I am thankful my mom taught me how to fish, if she would have lived long enough I could have repaid her tenfold because I could have taught her so much more

17.   I am thankful for all the summers I spent on Toddy Pond in Maine as a kid.

18.   I am thankful for Bass Pro Shops Fishing Sale in March, it is a sale guys love

19.   I am thankful for lakers and salmon in Wachusetts Reservoir

20.   I am thankful for the enjoyment I get from fishing and the outdoors. I wouldn't want to be any other way

21. I am thankful I live in the greatest country in the world where I have the freedom to fish where I want. A place where the best scenery is open to the public and not reservered for the elite.  Even if I fish ten days in a row, I don't take even one of those days for granted.Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment