Friday, November 9, 2012

100 Fish Week!

A fish from Nov 3
Of course there are some days when a fisherman runs into non stop action that is considered catching not fishing. Occasionally this fishing can last all day and someone can rack up huge numbers, even 100 fish days.

I can't say I have had a week anything like that. However, throughout the course of the week, I did manage a hundred schoolie stripers. I have switched to fishing at dusk and well into dark. I have run into some really good fishing.  As mentioned before, the only night I have not fished this week was during the snowstorm. I planned on fishing even in the snow, but as road conditions worsened, I chose not to be my normal idiot self and used self control.

Other than that night though, I have dealt with some nasty northeast winds, some bitter cold northwest winds and a couple 25 degree nights. I fish all winter, so whining about fishing in the cold isn't really for sympathy, I don't expect any. Most people do not think its worth leaving there cozy house to fish for stripers. I do.

Anyway, every night this week, I have ran into large numbers of fish. I did not find any blitzes, or birds. I did have to keep moving and keep looking for them as I did not find more than a couple stacked up in any one spot.

Today, I decided to fish during the day since it was my day off. I started about 11:30, but ( and this is painful) I didn't get my first hit until after 3 pm. After the first couple schoolies, the hits were very consistent for the next three hours. I ended the day with 24 fish. I unexpectedly ran across Dave and a couple other guys. They all caught over ten fish each. I stayed longer than everyone else, that's the only reason I caught the most. All my fish were caught on Zoom flukes today, others were caught on white grubs and a jighead.

I hope this fishing continues for a while. Since the ocean access is iffy right now, I am glad to find all these fish 20 minutes from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment