Saturday, July 16, 2022

Local #9 Red Admiral at Attleboro Springs

Red Admiral Butterfly

   On my way home from work I stopped at Attleboro Springs Audubon Sanctuary. This place sits behind La Salette Shrine. This local spot didn't cost me anything for gas because it sits on my route home from our Rehoboth store. I'd been to this place once or twice in the winter but never really explored it. 

   The best part of the refuge is Brothers Pond. There I saw multiple Bull Frogs, Green Frogs, tadpoles and a Water Snake. So far in my herping experience, I have seen more Northern Water Snakes than all other species combined.

   The highlight of the day was probably a Red Admiral Butterfly that was on the ground right near the water. I couldn't get the right angle for photos due to the brush, but it was still pretty to see. 

I walked all the trails of the property for a couple hours. I checked out the pond's shoreline multiple times. It was a pleasant afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment