Saturday, October 20, 2018

Today's Highlight- Smooth Green Snake

I went birding at Trustom this morning and fishing this afternoon. I saw a few birds and caught a few fish. By far the highlight of my day was seeing a Smooth Green Snake. I almost stepped on it as I was walking to the woods through the meadow. Ironically, its life was probably saved by me rushing. Since I was walking quickly I was looking down at the ground. If I would have been "birding" I'd have been walking slowly and looking up into the trees. I never would have paid any attention to my feet. After a couple pictures of it on the ground I took a couple with my phone holding it (they came out slightly blurry) then I put it on the other side of the path. There were a lot of people at Trustom today, I'm surprised he didn't get stepped on in the first place.  This kind of snake is a lifer for me, glad I didn't end his.

No comments:

Post a Comment