Monday, October 29, 2018

Newport Ghost Tour

They say this church is haunted.
You tell me, do you see faces in some of
the panes. Click on pic to enlarge.
On Thursday of last week, Laurie and I went to Newport to take a ghost tour. Considering it the season, taking the Newport Ghost Tour (NGT) seemed like a fun thing to do. The tour cost $18 dollars. It started the Marriott on the waterfront. It is supposed to last ninety minutes, but our guide loves his job and ended up making it two hours.

Our guide, Bryan, took us to different sites around downtown Newport. Total walking distance is probably a mile. Newport Ghost Tours ran all summer (it has been on my bucket list for a while).  The tours run everyday during the summer and the fall. After Halloween, check calendars, the tours run a couple days a week. 

Our guide Bryan, enjoys "investigating" haunted houses. He said he has been on over one hundred investigations. Of all the guides that work for NGT, he is the only one that actually investigates hauntings. The other guides have their own specialties. Two are Newport historian experts, another is a  medium.

After we left the Marriott we went to the water and Bryan told us stories of historical events that happened in those spots followed by why or what is haunting the area.  From there we went to a couple other places. The last place Bryan took us was, of course, a graveyard. I think we stopped at 6-7 places. I enjoyed the ghost stories, but I really loved hearing about all of the history in Newport.

I'm not going to get into the stories or the history. There were tales of murders, pirates, and drownings. I highly recommend taking the tour. Obviously, it would be more fun in October, but it is well worth going anytime. If you make reservations, I would really try to get Bryan. He really was awesome. While we were walking between spots, Laurie and I kept saying how much fun we were having. 

No comments:

Post a Comment