Friday, October 19, 2018

A Day Late

The last few weekends I have gone to New Hampshire to hike. Since it gets dark so early this time of year, it is not practical to go to southern Rhode Island after work to fish the oceanfront. Because of early darkness and New Hampshire, it had been a while since I did some surf fishing until this week.

I had my Surfcaster's meeting on Tuesday. I went down right after work to do some fishing before the meeting started. Thanks to a friend, I ran into some really decent fishing. I got a bunch of hefty schoolies and a 36 inch keeper. I only got to fish for an hour. It wet my appetite to fish longer. All week since Tuesday there have been reports of great striper fishing. I couldn't wait to go!

NOT TODAY! All of the bait (five inch peanut bunker) moved out and the bass followed. Long story short, I fished half a dozen spots, a couple of them I tried in the am and the pm. I saw many fishermen today, none of them caught anything while I was present. I ended up with one lone schoolie right before dark. I know of other good fishermen that fished most of the day and also blanked.

Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment