Friday, July 13, 2012

Big Carp night in Secret Spot

My friend Dave has been catching a ton of carp in a secret spot the last two nights (48 carp). He texted me on Wednesday to let me know he was killing them but it was to late to go (long ride). Thursday I had plans with Laurie so I could not go again ( he got 26 on Thursday).

So needless to say tonight I went to this spot. Dave got there 10 minutes before me. He already had landed two or three. To make this short, tonight was in his words " a slow night" . Between us we "only" ended up with 24. I caught 10 to his 14. I also landed two suckers.

Although none of the carp could be confused with trophies, I will gladly take the action. In July and August carp can be sluggish. When they get hot, they get tough to catch as they spend as much time being cranky in the heat as we do. So to have this spot where the bottom is literally covered in them is a blessing.

Best of all no one is fishing here. We have the shoreline to ourselves. Obviously I can't tell you where it is. I would probably loose one of my best friends if I did. Honestly, this is one spot I do  not want to burn anyway.

I can't get back to this spot again until Monday. I'm looking forward to it already.

We didn't get any pictures of the carp, but I did take one of this sucker I caught after dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment