Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Another one of my friends gets their first carp

Last night I went fishing with Rachel a friend from work. She knows how to fish and even goes fishing on her own quite a bit. Rachel had never caught a carp before. I told her that last week my friend Dave and I were catching loads of small ones. She seemed interested in this so I invited her for a fishing trip.  Although she thinks I invited her fishing because her catching one would make a good blog post, its also fun to see any fishermen catch a new species.

I knew that fishing in the secret spot had slowed dramatically, however the chances of catching at least one were near 100%. So we set out a couple poles. Within minutes she caught a sucker. Rachel had never caught a sucker before, so no matter what she was going home with at least one new fish under her belt. She caught a couple more suckers and I worried that they might be out competing the carp.

Luckily, she did end up with two small carp. She also had one decent one on that " dropped" the bait. All in all it wasn't two bad. She caught I believe three suckers and two carp plus many more bumps and runs in two hours fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment