Thursday, September 8, 2011

150th Trout of the Year!!

I caught my 150th trout of the year while I was in New Hampshire at the end of August. I didn't realize it until today while I was adding up some other fish I caught. After catching the 6 yesterday I am up to 157. For my own enjoyment I'm going to allow myself to believe my 150th was the beauty I caught in the river. It may have been, if not it was definaetely between 148-151. So close enough

Here are some breakdowns like I did for numbers 50 and 100.
( Totals add up to 157 )
Rainbows                              106
Browns                                  3
Brookies                                1
Tigers                                     4

New Hampshire Brookies      43

Caught from 13 different places

5 MA/RI lakes
6 New Hampshire Lakes
2 New Hampshire Rivers

How caught

Roostertail                10
Powerbait                37
Spoon                       4
Casting Bubble/Fly    21
Fly Fishing                 69
Unknown                     2
Worms                       13
Shiner                           1

Caught the most out of Falls Pond  44

If there is anything to read into the numbers it is this. I definitely started using my fly rod more and left my spinning rod in the car the last 75 fish or so. Also in MA, I tend to fish within 15 minutes of home. While up in New Hampshire I do a lot more driving. I am also willing to try different lakes not just to fish but for the scenery.  Here's hoping for 200!!

No comments:

Post a Comment