Friday, September 11, 2020

Some photos from a crappy weekend

    I didn't really enjoy my days off this week. I fished hard and birded hard but came up short everywhere. Thursday I got rained out birding and rained on fishing. I didn't catch any albies. Friday I looked for shorebirds that have been eluding me for weeks. Still haven't seen them. Then I went fishing and got skunked again.

   However, I did get a photo upgrade on Spotted Sandpiper. I also saw one of my favorite birds at Napatree, Red Knots. They aren't red this time of year because they are winter plumage. They let me get pretty close while they were feeding and I got some of my best shots ever of them.


The first five photos below are of Red Knots








Ruddy Turnstone

Ruddy Turnstone

Spotted Sandpiper
Photo upgrade

Black Bellied Plovers

No comments:

Post a Comment