Friday, August 28, 2020

The Mother all Whale Watches

   
   I've been very lucky to have had some amazing experiences on whale watches. Many of the ones I've been on (as long as they were not in Rhode Island) were "once in a lifetime trips". But, none of them were better than today.

   We had Humpbacks around the boat for an hour. He saw them bubble feed, deep dive, and fin slap the surface. Highlighted by one whale breaching five times!!! We also saw Atlantic White Sided Dolphins and a few shearwaters, Common being the most abundant. Photographing a breaching whale has been on my bucketlist for years. I can't believe I crossed something off my list in 2020. 

He took the noon boat out of Plymouth on the Captain John's Whale Watch. Cost $60/ four hours. It was an amazing day. Many more photos below



Atlantic White Sided Dolphin









Great Shearwater


A photo from my garden after a morning rain. Because
you need to look at something that isn't blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment