Wednesday, April 1, 2020

CuriosityStream


   A few days ago, I was reading a post by my friend Mike. He mentioned that he signed up for an online streaming service called CuriosityStream. The service carries all kinds of educational programming of many different topics. The topics range from science. history, technology, nature, and more. There are hundreds of programs to watch.

   Browsing for something to watch is easy. For instance, if I wanted to watch a historical documentary,  I click on history then subcategories pop up. I can choose from military history, modern history, ancient history, etc.. Form there I can scroll the subcategories and choose my show.

The awesome thing about this service is it only costs $12/year, or 11.99 to be exact. I think regular price is $17.99 but they are having a 40% off sale. Considering a Redbox movie is $1.75 and Netflix is about ten dollars a month, even at full price it is an awesome deal.

So far I have watch a two part series on Yellowstone and a two parter about the Galapagos Islands (because that is who I am). The Yellowstone doc was done by the BBC. The Galapagos show was narrated by Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs. I enjoyed both. I plan on watching some shows about space and ancient Europe.

Since it is still chilly and my options of places to go are dwindling literally by the day, I'l  be home far more than normal this spring. If nothing else, watching Curiosity Stream will make me smarter by the time this is over. If you are interested in checking it out, the link is below. As a reminder, I got nothing to sign up for this site. It would be nice if they paid me to plug the service, but they are not. It just seems like a good deal for many reasons and a good way to keep busy.

https://curiositystream.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment