Friday, May 11, 2018

First Keeper comes from the Bay

   I'm pretty popped from my Newburyport trip, so even though I know the oceanfront is red hot, I just couldn't force myself to drive down there. I have to work tomorrow so an hour drive home at 8:30 was out of the question. 

   So I hit a very good May spot in the bay in hopes that it would produce. The wind was in my face and the water was rough, I thought it might be a good night.  It was, as I got  a bunch of fish in an hour and a half of fishing. The highlight was my first keeper of the year. I got it, and all my fish, on a half ounce jig and 4 inch Zoom fluke. I measured it before releasing it, just over 29 inches. Not a bad way to spend my last couple hours before work tomorrow. It looks like fish are really spreading out in Rhode Island. The fishing should be great for the next month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment