Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Bye my friend, thanks for the memories

Here it is at a campsite at Deer Mountain Campground in the
Connecticut Lakes region of New Hampshire in 2014
Today I finally had to buy a new vehicle for the first time in a decade. The cost to get the major repairs done are just not worth it for the year and miles to my vehicle. Without question I am sadder to be getting rid of this old friend than I am happy to be getting a "new to me" vehicle (2010 Corolla that gets 32.1 mpg, thank you very much) 

So sad that I could have driven my new car off the lot tonight, but told the dealer I would pick it up after work tomorrow because I still had stuff to clean out, even though I have it ninety percent cleaned out. 

My old friend has 327,000 miles on it, all but the first 64k are from me. I bought it 2 years old for 9200 not including my trade. We have been everywhere together. It carried me safely on my big trip out west in 2010. It's been to Acadia National Park, Washington D.C. and the Outer Banks. It has carried me, my kayak, and camping gear numerous times to New Hampshire. Because of its reliability, I have not had a car payment in eight years. I woud not have been able to do those fun things with an expensive car payment or a car that I did not trust.

Since it is basically worth nothing, it will unceremoniously be hauled away to scrap yard. It seems like a little tribute and a couple pictures is the least I can do.


There is no question this car has seen more than its share
of great scenery, wildlife and America
Thank you, you will be missed.




Blackwoods Campground, Acadia National Park,
 2011






1 comment:

  1. If you have to take a vehicle in for repairs, be sure you ask a few questions about the vehicle. These questions can involve issues you're dealing with and what you can do to avoid them in the future. Preventing issues with your vehicle is an excellent way to save money.This are really true.

    ReplyDelete