Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Product Review Canon Powershot A2200 Camera

I'm going to come right out and say it: This camera is awesome. I wanted a small camera for taking with me on hikes or in the kayak. I wanted something that would fit in my pocket and not have to carry around my neck. My friend Dave has one of these cameras and he raves about it. After I sold one of my articles in a magazine a couple months back, I decided to buy it as an investment. Magazines are always looking for pictures and a small camera is so much easier to transport than a big one.

The Canon A2200 has 14.1 megapixels. It has a 4x optical zoom. This zoom is not going to get the job done if I see a deer on the other side of a meadow, but for portraits or fish pictures it is plenty. I have a big camera for photographing distant wildlife with a 20x zoom. The 4x is not only great for close ups but also wide landscape shots.

Other features are: it comes with its own battery and plug in battery charger. It can also record video. It comes in three colors, blue, silver, and red.

 I can set the camera to take multiple shots, and I can set the timer for any amount of time I want. For example, right now it is set to take five pictures but the first picture isn't taken  until 20 seconds. I can tell you from experience, 10 seconds ( the standard delay on most cameras) is not enough time to press the button, get the proper distance and hold up a slimy, wiggly, fifteen pound carp.  After the first pic, there is a 2 second delay between the rest, just enough time to move the fish to a different angle.

The reason I love this camera is I am blown away by the clarity of the pictures. The color is so bright. When I have good light I can get great close up shots of anything. It will focus on your subject as close as a couple feet away.



The price is also well within most any budget. I paid $89 for mine but sometimes it goes on sale for $79. That's a hell of a deal for a camera of this quality. The photos don't lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment