Saturday, June 9, 2012

Catching up

On my two days off, I did some " catching up" fishing.  I didn't have any commitments or places I had to be. I decided not to go to New Hampshire because I wanted to watch the Celtics. That didn't turn out the way I wanted, because now its  11:30  and my stomach is to sick from the loss to sleep.  So I write

What the hell is "catching up fishing"? I'll explain. I've got a couple articles coming out, but I needed pictures for them, so I went fishing for fish to take pictures of.  I also did some fun fishing, basically from Thursday night until Sat night I've either been outside or watching the Celtics.

Thursday evening, went to fly pond and caught 5 rainbows.

Thursday night- Watched Celtics beat the Heat


Friday- I went out on Falls Pond and tried to get some pics of panfish. That was tougher than expected. The fish were fussy and the sun was hot. I did hook a nice bass though.

Friday night- Amber slept over. We went catfishing at Lake Tiogue. Also not very successful. We got one hornpout. Amber had a big white cat on, but it got tangled up on the bottom.

Saturday-  Went blue crabbing for pictures. Got some pictures, but a three foot eel came by and started " death rolling" my chicken drumsticks, scaring away more crabs

Saturday evening- Went to fly pond, Caught one trout and some sunfish, unless the weather cools, I think I'm done there. The trout are still there, but the warm water is making them uncomfortable.

Saturday night- Celtics loose to the Heat!

All in all, a very active two and a half days. I was exhausted after crabbing, but a shower and some relaxing and I felt refreshed. So I went trout fishing knowing it might be my last time for the summer in MA/RI. Next weekend ( Thurs and Fri) Laurie and I are going to New Hampshire. I'm looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment