Saturday, September 1, 2012

New Hampshire 2012 Part 4

I had Friday and Saturday off this week. I wanted to go to New Hampshire Thursday night after work. However I got out later than I wanted and I still needed groceries and to gas up, so I waited until Friday morning. I left at 5:40. I had the tent set up by 9:30 so I had all day to enjoy myself.

I started fishing the Saco River about 10. There were a lot of brookies in a big pool. I caught seven, the biggest being 14 inches. They were spooked by the time I caught four. I had to work hard for the next three. There were plenty of other fish in the pool, but I could not get them to bite. I left to fish another area.

I moved up river but couldn't get anything to bite. I was only wearing shorts and sandals. I decided to get my waders. As I was walking back to the car, the sky opened up. I figured if I was going to fish in the rain I should fish Echo Lake where I've had good success in bad weather. I did not quite make it to Echo Lake. I drove to camp to make sure it was okay in the wind and rain. I somehow managed to take a 3 hour nap. When I got up it was still only 3:30. Plenty of time to fish.

I went to Franconia Notch  and started fishing. I was using my spinning rod and caught one trout after another. In three and a half hours I caught FIFTY trout. I counted and I assure you I did not exaggerate. If anything I under counted. It was obviously the most trout I have ever caught in a day. Most were good sized too. They averaged about eleven inches with a couple bigger. After all those fish I went back to camp and dreamed of all those fish.

Next morning, I obviously went back to the same lake. I caught another 23. I caught a couple big ones. My biggest went abut 16 inches with a couple others over 14. I went home after fishing slowed down. I had a three hour drive ahead of me.

I ended up with EIGHTY trout in less than eight hours fishing. It was awesome. Did I get bored? Not really. Usually when it is catching and not fishing, it can get boring. I was looking for big ones today. I wwas hoping to get pictures for an upcoming article. So when I got the ones over 13 inches I took a lot of pictures ( this is not my computer so I will put some on later)

Have I mentioned I love New Hampshire!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment