Friday, April 20, 2012

Not every day off is going to be great but Jeff got a keeper

I always try to have at least one fishing adventure on my "weekend" off. Yesterday I went carp fishing with my buddy Dave. We didn't catch any monsters but the action was really good. We both got a few fish.  My highlight was a 19 inch sucker.
Today, hanging out with Jeff we thought we'd do some trout fishing in the am followed by some striper fishing tonight. The predicted high tide was about 8:30 tonight. I didn't feel like killing us, so I picked Jeff up at 7:20 instead of some ungodly early morning hour.

We tried three different trout ponds,but the trout fishing was horrible. Jeff got one brookie. He also targeted bass and sunfish and ended up with two each.  I targeted strictly trout ending with none while I got one small bass. We left this nonsense about 1 pm and went to respective houses, each of us taking a nap.

I picked Jeff up about 6 pm and we headed to Providence. I caught one small striper and had one more on. Meanwhile, Jeff caught 4.His biggest was a nice thirty incher.

I'm going to have to rethink adventure options for the next few weeks. Burning over half a tank of gas for one brook trout, is not a sensible thing to do. I plan on prioritizing my adventure ideas, at least until late spring when New Hampshire becomes my favorite option.

White sucker
Jeff's Brookie

No comments:

Post a Comment