Friday, February 17, 2012

Falling for Stripers

I went striper fishing tonight in Providence. Tide was good, wind direction was very good , we got some rain and it was warm out. I hoped for a good night. I learned a while ago, never to expect action winter fishing or you set yourself up for disappointment.  Its okay to hope though, you must stay positive.

I caught two stripers. One nice schoolie about 24 inches. The other was a little more pedestrian at about 15 inches.  The most memorable part of the night was the nice spill I took climbing back up some rocks. I fell flat on my side.  At first my ankle and knee hurt, but after a minute, I was okay. I kept fishing, I figured if I was bleeding, I'd take care of it when I got home (no blood just a couple scrapes and a skinned knee) .

As I get older I noticed I don't heal nearly as quickly as I used to. To make up for this, I have added a thicker layer of padding through the years to protect my insides. Buffalo chicken and pizza potentially saved me tonight from internal bleeding.

Two stripers and walking away from a fall with nothing more than a little skinned knee = a good night

All hail pizza!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment