Saturday, December 31, 2011

Providence "P" Hat trick

Jeff and I did some New Years Eve fishing tonight in Providence looking for the elusive striper. We did not find any. Jeff snagged a couple of pogies. I caught three species that start with the letter "p". First I caught a large white Perch, then I snagged two Pogies. Lastly I came across a very common species in Providence, although they are usually on the side of the road. This one was swimming slowly upcurrent when I hooked it. It was a Plastic bag. There you have it, three species all starting with "P". Perch, Pogy and Plastic Bag.

All kidding aside, I love catching white perch. This was my first saltwater one this year. Saltwater perch get big. Sometimes two pounds and fifteeen inches. This one was a solid 12 inches. Only yesterday I found out they are a  member of the temperate bass family and related to stripers.

No comments:

Post a Comment