Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Personal Best Mirror Carp

On Saturday I went fishing with my friend Dave Pickering. We went to a lake that he had done great at during the week. While we were there, another friend  Jeff Allard showed up with a friend of his ( who I never met ) Keith. So with four of us fishing and eight baits in the water we were bound to catch something. Happily for me I caught my largest mirror carp to date. It was 17 pounds easily besting my next largest by almost four pounds. Between all of us we got a few more carp. Jeff lost a big one that probably was bigger than mine. He handled it very well and continued to fish, I believe without even dropping an F-bomb. It was a fun unscheduled get together. All of us are or were one time members of the Rhode Island chapter of the CAG ( Carp Anglers Group). They are a great bunch of guys. Its fun to plan fishing trips with these guys, but it really makes for a good story when we wind up fishing the same place by accident.

When I can, I will post some pictures of fish caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment