Monday, June 6, 2011

The Good, the bad, and the ugly...

I haven't had much to write about this past week. I know some of you actually check my site every day or so. Three things happened this week. None real significant ( except the ugly) but none the less here they are

The good...
Thursday ( we actually argued about what day we fished until I reminded him he stayed home from school Friday with a fever) DJ and I went to Narragansett to fish for stripers. We fished the salt pond inside Sprague Bridge. I caught a small keeper. DJ caught 2 fish on his fly rod the biggest was about 24 inches. No pictures

The bad...
Last night I went fishing with my friend Jeff Henderson in hopes of him catching his first carp. I showed him how carp fishing is different than fishing for predator fish. We went to a spot loaded with carp. Unfortunately we only got one run. I hope he gives it another chance. Jeff is a dedicated fisherman, so if he does it should be fun. No pictures.

The ugly...
My little friend Amber broke one of my fishing poles this weekend. It was in the trunk of my Santa Fe. She was outside playing with a neighborhood kid. For whatever reason she decided to get a water out of the trunk instead of come in the house. She closed the trunk on the rod and broke the top 8 inches off. Price of the rod new...$ 150. Needless to say I almost threw up. Not taking a picture as I need to forget about this asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment