Laurie and I stayed at Pawtuckaway State Park on Tuesday night. It was an hour and forty five minutes from Wachusett Meadow to our campground. This amazed me that Wachusett Meadow is in north-central MA and Pawtuckaway is in southern NH and it was that long of a drive. In contrast, from Pawtuckaway to my house on the MA/RI border it was only an hour and a half drive.
The state park sits on the bank of a nine hundred acre lake of the same name. I didn't plan on fishing but did want to scout out the lake and campground for future adventures. By the time we got to the campground it was raining pretty hard. We decided not to set up the tent and just slept in the car. The next morning before heading out we did explore a little bit.
The park has a nice swimming beach and a canoe launch. There is a small island that you can get to by foot bridge. From the island we saw a family of loons. From our vantage point I could see seven
different islands. The lake looked fishy and I was sad that I didn't bring my canoe.
| Common Loons |
The park had many picnic tablesnear the beach. We went to the beach during a lull in the rain and by the time we made it from the parking lot the rain picked up again. We watched a young park ranger pick up trash at the beach because entitled people felt they could litter. This poor guy was picking up other people's rubbish in the rain. Humans suck
The park itself was quite beautiful and I plan on going back with my canoe and fishing gear.

No comments:
Post a Comment