Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Four Snake Day!!!

 


  Today I went birding with my good friend Scott. As soon as we hit the trail we almost stepped on a Smooth Green Snake. It was a beautiful little snake. Unfortunately, I thought it would be a good idea to try to catch it instead of getting a photo. I got neither the snake in hand or a photo!

   On our way back to our cars at almost the same spot we ran across a Decay Brown Snake. That snake slithered into the woods quickly and I  had no chance of catching it or a photo. However, seeing two snakes made me think they were really active. Scott left so I went back on the trail.

   I found two more Decay Brown Snakes. One of them I even caught.  I took some photos with my phone and let it be. I can't tell you how excited I was to actually catch one. It was a special day.

   To top it off, I went to my friend Dick's house to drop something off and he invited me to have dinner at his house. The meal and conversation were great! The dish was Shrimp scampi and Clams Sambuca. I can't even explain how delicious it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment