Friday, April 15, 2022

LocaL #4 Caratunk Wildlife Refuge

 Today I carried dead weight on my shoulders. I walked almost five miles at Caratunk Wildlife Refuge in Seekonk, MA with a camera that had a dead battery. So, no photos in this post. However, only sixteen minutes from home I birded with my new friend Danielle. Caratunk did not let us down. We walked almost all of the trails and saw some pretty decent birds. We had an American Kestrel, Palm Warblers, Pine Warblers, and Blue Gray Gnatcatchers, and a very early Yellow Warbler,  along with other common birds. We birded for three hours but time flew by looking at all of the birds. 

   I am really enjoying beating the high gas prices by birding and fishing local. Tomorrow morning I'm going to South County to bird with friends on my day off but will probably hit the fly pond in the evening. Three cheers for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment