Monday, April 4, 2022

Blue Winged Teal- Local 1

   

Yesterday I went to Lonsdale Marsh looking for Blue Winged Teal. A pair had been seen for over a week and I had yet to go see them. After work I went looking for them. I spooked them before I saw them but I watched where they landed. I walked as close as I dared and sat down hoping they would come to me. Eventually they did and they were in beautiful light. I took a ton of photos. Some of the better ones are below.  I also ended up seeing five Wilson's Snipe which are a tough migrant to get.  I didn't get any photos of them. I also had a very cooperative muskrat hanging around which I enjoyed. 

   I'm starting a new "series" on my blog simply titled "Local". With the cost of gas all of us are probably driving a little less. I'm spending more time after work fishing and birding within just a few miles from home. My goal is fifty times this year to "go local". Whether it is sitting quietly photographing a teal, Spring Peeper, or catching trout on my fly rod, the goal is to inspire others to got outside. We all have a pond or hiking trail close to home. I spent too much time inside last year after work. I am breaking that habit this year.  I've gotten out the last three days. I can not just sit around and wait for vacations or getaways as I did last summer. These local posts will be short and hopefully full of photos. 




















 

No comments:

Post a Comment