Monday, January 10, 2022

First Half To Do List

    Someone pointed out that instead of having a "bucket list" one should change the name to a "to do list". Since I have wrote the term "bucket list" hundreds of times on this blog, that may be a hard transition for me. That said, "to do list" seems much more likely to get done than something on a "bucket list". Unless you are actively checking off boxes on a bucket list, you are more likely going to put these goals and dreams on the back burner and use the term "someday".

   The above paragraph is just a thought about something I read and really irrelevant to this post anyway.  I'm going to divide my year up into two halves (well almost halves Jan-the first week of June and the second week of June- December). The first half of the year will concentrate on things I have wanted to do for a long time in New England. I will worry about the second half of the year when it gets closer to June. I will revisit this list around the last week of May. 


To do list January-early June

 1. Go up to New Hampshire in late April and see some back country waterfalls swollen by snow melt. I went a couple years ago, but really saw only roadside falls. I feel as though I did not accomplish my goal.

2. The musical I most want to see is called "Million Dollar Quartet". It is about a jam session at Sun Records in the 50's with Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, and Jerry Lee Lewis. I've wanted to see it for years. It is playing at Theater by the Sea in Matunuck in late May. 

3. Smallmouth Bass fishing at Indian Lake in South Kingstown, RI

4. Smallmouth Bass fishing at Stafford Pond, Tiverton, RI

5. Northern Pike fishing at Moore Reservoir in New Hampshire. This is more than just going to fish. I'm staying there until I catch one!

6. There are worm spawns in RI. I caught the tail end of one two years ago. I want to spend more time fishing for stripers during the spawns this year. 

7. Try to catch a tautog from my kayak. I will not beat myself up too much if I don't give it a shot. It's really more because I have thought about it for so long as opposed to actually caring if I do it. That said, if high tide lines up with an afternoon and I birded all morning, I really have nothing better to do.

8. Again not as much of a priority. I want to spend a few days in Northern NH fishing the small ponds around the Connecticut Lakes. I've done this before and would like to go back. The only reason I might not do this even if I can find the time is I'd rather fish Moore Reservoir for pike than fish a pond for stocked trout. Still, these ponds are beautiful and I love fly-fishing so I'll figure it out when the time arrives.

9. If all goes well, I want to go back to the Outer Banks for my summer vacation and take another pelagic trip. I slept too much on the last trip I took and feel like I missed out. I won't feel right unless I do it again. Instead of leaving it on my bucket list, I'm putting it back on my 2022 to do list!

Added post publishing

10. I have always wanted to see a Spring Peeper, we hear them all the time but seeing them is a different challenge

11. I try not to make too many species of a birds a goal, but Monk Parakeets used to breed in Rhode Island but they don't anymore. I found out they live in Bridgeport, CT. I'd love to see them

12. I start a lot of blogs with  "my number one goal on my bucket list is..." That is because once I do something that is number one on my bucket list, I then have a new number one as #2 moves up to the top spot. My new number one on my East Bucket list is to see the Cherry Blossoms in Washington Dc. I am going the week of March 28. Also possibly crossed off of my list is to catch a big catfish (Potomac River) and see a Sika Deer (Blackwater NWR, MD) 

This list will be added to as I think of things or get invited to things. As I look forward to upcoming plans I will add them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment