Monday, June 17, 2019

Tropical Kingbird at Daniel Webster

 
Tropical Kingbird
 Today I saw one of the rarest birds I have ever seen. A Tropical Kingbird has been at Daniel Webster Wildlife Sanctuary for a few days. I went to see it after work. Tropical Kingbird's northern most range is mid-Mexico. A few will stray into southern Texas and Arizona. So, seeing one up here is insane. Although I only got a few proof pictures, the views in the scope and binos were awesome. Besides the Tropical Kingbird, I got some great pics of other birds from the blind.

   Normally, I'd be pissed if I saw a picture of a hawk from underneath. Like, ready for a fist fight mad. But this red-tail was sitting on the blind by the bird feeders. Everyone that went to the sanctuary had to walk within eight feet of it. It didn't care. The picture I have of it looking down at me is really the first in a series of it preening its feathers. It was finally driven off by birds harassing it.



Barn Swallow

Fledgling Barn Swallow

Feed me, I'm hungry!

Tree Swallow

Tree Swallow

Grackle eating a frog

Baby and parent Tree Swallow

Eastern Kingbird

Red-Tailed Hawk




No comments:

Post a Comment