Thursday, December 20, 2018

Peregrine Falcon

For most of the year I have been dumbfounded that I hadn't seen any Peregrine Falcons. A couple weeks ago I decided to put fate in my own hands and look for them at a known nest in Pawtucket. I found them but they were so far away that I couldn't get any decent pics.

A few days later I ran across another Peregrine on some pilings near the Hendrickson Bridge. Again, it was too far away for any pictures. This morning I was in Westerely, RI looking for a flock of Snow Buntings. In the flock was a Lapland Longspur. I didn't see the flock, but I had good reason. There was a Peregrine on a telephone pole looking for a potential meal. Luckily for me, this pole was right near the road. The sun was to my back. The falcon did not seem to mind at all that I was taking its picture. I watched it for ten minutes from my blind (my car) before heading out.




I saw Northern Gannets today followed by Horned Larks below.



Horned Lark




No comments:

Post a Comment