Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Call this post " Failure" or "O for October"

As many of you know, I am trying to catch at least one carp every month this year. Well, that quest failed today. I did not catch any carp during the month. Many excuses start with " it wasn't for lack of trying" for me it was completely lack of effort.

I did not spend any time fishing for them until Oct 27. Then I only spent two hours due to two commitments for my son. Then tonight on Halloween I felt terrible that I didn't catch any, so I fished for four hours and all I could show for it were a couple bullhead. So that's it quest fail.

During the beginning of the month by all accounts carp fishing was awful. I wasn't fishing for them since I was spending every waking not working moment chasing stripers.Some days that I didn't have to work I was getting up at 6 am and fishing for them till well after dark.

During the second half of the month carp fishing was much better by all accounts. Again, I was chasing fish with stripes all month. I went fishing at least 22 days this month yet only twice for carp. I dropped the ball, but all I could think about were the schoolie stripers. Schoolie fishing has been great. I haven't been blanked in many outings, maybe a month. So I enjoyed catching them,now I regret not pulling myself away to get a carp.

So the streak ends at nine months.

The Streak Ending Culprit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment