Tuesday, April 27, 2010

All Things Carp, All Things Striper


As I mentioned before my favorite species of fish to chase are carp and striped bass. I will be giving updates and fishing reports for both species. I will tell you where I caught them unless its at a location I have been shown and sworn to secrecy. Most places I fish are large areas with public access or little spots you would never suspect hold fish. Guess which spots I have given my oath to keep secret.
One thing I will not do is get to much into the " how to " aspect of fishing for carp and stripers. Here is why: My friend Dave Pickering has a blog about both carp and stripers. Dave is the absolute best fisherman I know. He has caught over 50,000 stripers ( he keeps a detailed logbook) and catches five times the amount of carp as I do in a year. He fishes just about every morning AND every evening. Dave is an outdoor writer that has written for many magazines. He taught me most of what I know about carp, and helps me out all the time about stripers. Dave's blogs are very informative.
It would do me no good to try to explain all the do's and don't of fishing for those two species when Dave's blog ( along with video) does such a good job. This may sound like an infomercial for Dave's blog, but no one gets anything for writting a blog. If you go to Dave's site and read up on how to tie a hair rig, its not like a dollar shows up in his bank account. Where as my passion is the outdoors,with fishing a top priority, Dave's is absolutely fishing, and I will not attempt to compete with his knowledge of stripers or carp. The links to his sites are below my profile on the leftside of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment