Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Fishing for Larrys

Lynn with her second fish ever
The last few nights I have been out in my canoe fishing for largemouth bass. I wish I had something to "brag about" but I don't. Fishing was only okay.

On Monday, I took my friend from work Lynn fishing. She has only caught one fish in her life. So I brought her out in the canoe, a first for her. As her guide, I wasn't worried about how many fish I caught, I just wanted her to get some. I spent a lot of the time putting the canoe in the right spot or facing it into the wind. We each only caught one fish on plastic worms but both had a fish on about three pounds.

The next night, determined to catch some fish and using the excuse that I spent a lot of time paddling on Monday, I went back for seconds. Fishing was not much better. I only landed three bass and had a couple others hit. I tried the plastic worm along with hard baits with very little luck. The few fish I caught were tight to cover. Interestingly, that did not change after sunset. The bass did not start to search  for food and become more aggressive.

I'm going to spend more time bass fishing this summer. I'm going to try different ponds. However, I think I'm going to stay local. Although I drove all the way to Connecticut two weeks ago in an unsuccessful attempt at walleye, I'm going to keep my bass excersions within 30 minutes of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment