Saturday, November 12, 2016

Church Bazzars

It has been a goal of mine all year to go to a Holiday Fair at a church. I really don't have a reason why this was on my 2016 Bucket List, I am definitely not religious but I did want to go to one. A couple months back, I was at work and a flier shows up asking for a donation to the Church Fair at a Catholic Church in Seekonk. I wrote down the date (which was today)

I got to stop at the fair at Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Church for a few minutes. My main focus was baked goods and maybe buy a homemade ornament. The fair was low on ornaments but high on baked goods. I bought some cookies and brownie bites.

There were many baskets being raffled off. They were all different themed from sports to Italian
Food. Some had lottery tickets, others had gift certificates. I bought three raffle tickets and tried my luck. I could only stay for a few minutes but enjoyed my quick time there.

Later in the day

Driving from store to store on Monday in front of a  church on Nate Whipple Highway there was a sign for another holiday fair also for today. So I made a point to go there quickly.

This fair had a small room full of used books. I actually found two travel books to buy. I also bought a couple more cookies.

All in all, I got what I wanted. I bought some homemade baked goods and got to cross something off of my 2016 bucket list.                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment