Sunday, November 20, 2016

Arctic Playhouse

This weekend I went to the Arctic Playhouse and saw the play "Matt and Ben". The play was about how Matt Damon and Ben Affleck came up with the screenplay for Good Will Hunting. It was extremely funny. The play was co-written by Mindy Kaling from "The Office 'and "The Mindy Project". Cost was fifteen dollars and the play two person play lasted just over an hour. Matt and Ben were actually played by women, it was interesting.

Unfortunately, the play was only for this weekend. I admit, it does you no good for me to write a review of a play/concert/ or one time sporting event after it is over. That said, I was really impressed by the little playhouse. The Arctic is in Warwick about 3.5 miles from I-295. I couldn't give you directions because Laurie googled it, and I just turned when she told me to turn.

The Arctic is a small theater. There was probably only 40 seats total. It is a small room with a stage. I absolutely love small settings like that. We were only fifteen feet from the stage and the worst seat in the house is probably only twenty five feet.
The set was "Ben Afflecks" apartment


Just past where you buy the tickets were cups of free popcorn and cookies. Laurie also asked if we could buy drinks and we got a couple tiny waters also free. There is a donation box next to the food where we put a couple dollars in. The cookies and popcorn made the cozy atmosphere even better.
There are other upcoming performances related to the holiday season. This is the website to their events page. Laurie and I are planning on going to Cup of Cheer in December.  http://www.thearcticplayhouse.com/shows-events/

I really enjoy seeing plays. However I'm not a fan of paying huge ticket prices for PPAC and Broadway type shows. I loved that the tickets were so affordable. The actors were acting for the joy of it. If you want to take in a play in an intimate setting, I highly recommend you check out the Arctic. A bonus would be, if you are hungry Boneheads Wing Bar is right next door with at least 40 flavors of wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment