Saturday, May 24, 2014

Zack (Eric's son) Caught his first carp and it was a beauty

Zach's first carp was a 19 pound common
This is a bit late but on Monday I took my friend Eric out carp fishing for a third time. This time we took his son Zach. After Eric showed his son the pictures from our last adventure, it was all Zach talked about all week.

   

We left at roughly the same time as the week before fishing the same location. Fishing was much slower and we didn’t get a hit for the first couple of hours. Zach did not seem to mind. His attitude was great and he never got bored. Since fishing was slow I moved down the bank to spread out. Only a few minutes after I moved Eric yelled for me to come back. When I turned the corner there was Zach holding onto the rod for dear life. He is used to catching blackfish from a boat, so he handled the rod like a champ. The carp went under a tree and the line got in the branches but it came out with a little luck.

   After a few minutes I netted Zach’s fish. It turned out to be a nineteen pounder. Definitely a really nice fish whether it’s your first or one hundred and first. I was impressed that he had no problem picking up the slimy fish or holding it up for pictures. After a few pics we let it go. A little while later Zach got another one about twelve pounds.


   Needless to say, he was pretty pumped. The kid knows how to fish and handled himself like a pro. I had a great time watching him fight his fish. He thanked me for taking him fishing two or three times.  Zach is welcome to come fishing with us anytime!  

No comments:

Post a Comment